It has been FOREVER since I last posted! I am sorry. Things have been so crazy.
I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching and her Five for Friday for the first time. I know, where have I been all this time? Oh well, here goes!
My Five For Friday is actually going to be my five for the last couple weeks since it has been so long since I have posted.
1. My first week of summer is done! How did it go so quickly? So far, all I have done is sit on the couch and watch old reruns. How sad is that? haha Usually I try to do some much needed spring cleaning and I just really haven't felt the urge. I am trying to convince myself that I deserve some veg time. What do you do your first week of summer?
2. I am trying to finish up my Number Sense Pack. I am very excited about this pack. I have so much included in it and it will be my first big pack that I offer! So far, it includes number posters, number sense sorts, number sense task cards, place value/ten frame sorts, money/place value sorts, and money/ten frame sorts. I am currently working on addition/money sorts, addition/place value sorts, addition/ten frame sorts, as well as subtractions sorts with each of these. Here is a little preview. What do you think? Anything else I should add?
3. I am so overwhelmed by what happened on my last day of school. We have a professional day after school lets out in which we have a big lunch together as a staff. We also say goodbye to anyone who may be leaving us. One of my closest friends and team mates is leaving me to go to another school, as well as many other great colleagues! =( Then they decided to move another team member to a different grade level and the last member left got a job at a different school. So that leaves....me. I am the only one left on my team! I am sad to see some of my team members go, but I am also so excited to get a new team and a fresh start. I am excited about new ideas and new possibilities.
4. I spent the other day catching up with an old friend. I have not seen her since January! She is a wonderful person and counselor that used to work one on one with students in my classroom. She is going to adopt a baby! I am so happy for her. I dug out all of my old baby stuff to give to her. Look at all of this stuff. (Ignore the fact that the covers are not on the furniture pieces. They were in the wash!)
They have not found a birth mother yet but they are getting ready so that when the time comes, everything is ready and perfect! Check out her website! What a wonderful couple they are.
5. I am trying to think of what theme I want to do for next year. I have been searching through theme packs and tons of decorations and I just can't find anything that really jumps out at me. Hmm... this may take some time.